About Cartoon Springboard
A new pitching event totally dedicated to young talents in animation!
- Dare to create! Propose your new animation project and enter the specialised market better prepared. Be part of the new generation!
- Test and pitch your animation project in front of a panel of experts.
- Get instant practical advice and guidance.
- Learn about detailed budget costs and business plans, best practices, audience engagement, new partnerships…
- Connect with today’s main buyers and producers.
They came and said
- Have a look at young talent interviews who participated in Cartoon Springboard in the past and received strong inputs and connections for their project development.
- See the 13 pitching lessons from Tünde Vollenbroek, who participated in Cartoon Springboard 2015.
How does it work?
The 2 1/2 days will focus on:
• Didactic presentations by key animation players (broadcasters, distributors, producers, digital players).
• Pitches made by animation young talents coming from all over Europe.
Why should you pitch your project?
It will be a unique opportunity for young talents of animation! In 2 days, you will measure the real maturity of your project, you will know if it is adapted to the needs of broadcasters or to the request of distributors. The experts will point out the strengths and weaknesses of your project, what you need to improve, change or highlight to make your project more consistent and in line with market requirements. To give your project a better chance of existing one day. It will not be easy, but be aware that some projects pitched at Cartoon Springboard have as a result been pitched at Cartoon Forum (TV series), Cartoon Movie (feature films) and Cartoon 360 (crossmedia).
Who can present a project?
• European young talents who want to develop and test their new animation project or property for the international market and/or to be distributed on several screens (360
• Young talents who have graduated from animation schools for a maximum of 5 years.
What kind of project?
• a TV Special (minimum 26 minutes)
• a TV series
• a feature film (minimum 60 minutes)
• an animated project dedicated to cross-media
• short films are NOT accepted
Cartoon Springboard targets:
• animation young talents,
• graduated since 5 years maximum,
• who want to get inspiration and knowledge on new opportunities from a creative and business point of view.
The event is also open to young talents without a project but who have a project in mind for the future and are willing to learn how to pitch and how to better prepare new