Cartoon Movie 2020: submit your animated feature project
THE PROJECT SUBMISSION IS NOT OPEN YET!
It will open beginning of September 2019.
Deadline to submit: 20 November 2019.
Which project to submit?
- A project of animated feature film in 3 categories: in concept, in development or in production
- of a minimum running time of 60 min
- min. 50% of animation
- Please check the regulations to be sure your project is eligible
- For the duration of the pitching sessions, have a look at "How Cartoon Movie works"
Please note that:
- Only independant production companies can submit a project.
- Production teams of selected projects must afford registration fees to Cartoon Movie.
Submit your project
STEP 1: Prepare all the elements that you will need for the online form:
Short description of the story, to be published in the official e-Catalogue and on our website
- In English
- Max. 700 characters including spaces
2. Project File (PDF)
Prepare a file to present your project in the best way, adding the elements that best describe it in order to convince the Selection Committee.
You will find below some suggestions of elements to put in the file, but you are free to re-arrange them.
- 1 single PDF
- Try not to exceed 25 pages
- In English
- Max 35 MB
Note: we no longer ask for the full storyboard, the European cooperation letters or the points table.
3. Letter of interest
Each project must be accompanied by a written statement of interest from a distributor, sales agent or broadcaster, attesting to their interest of the project (optional for the projects in concept). In the online form you will need to provide:
- Name of the company
- Name of contact person
- Email address of this person
- PDF of the letter
Prepare 3 nice stills of the project for a double page in the e-Catalogue, for our website, for our agenda and for the press.
WARNING: please be aware that you won't be able to change the pictures once the project has been submitted.
- 1920x2560 px, RGB, jpg, max 10 MB
- For a full page in the e-Catalogue
- 1920x1150 px, RGB, jpg
- For the pop-up of your project on our website
650x650 px, jpg only, max 1 MB
Thumbnail for our website
Do you have some images to show? You will be able to enter a url on the online form. You can also send us a USB stick or DVD to the Cartoon office.
- Mandatory for films in production: a pilot or extract of the film (5 min)
Optional for the other categories.
STEP 2: Go to My Cartoon
Click on My Cartoon (tab on the top right of the page) and login or create an account. This will allow you to come back anytime to your form, so don't forget your log in and password.
STEP 3: Click on My projects and fill in the online form
- In My Projects, click on Submit a new project and fill in the form. You can navigate through the pages, save for later or go to the next page.
Don't refresh a page, it will close the form!
- Fill in all the fields (be careful with digit-only fields and valid email addresses), and upload your PDFs and images
- At the end of the form, you will have a summary that you can review
- When you are ready, click on Submit
- WARNING: once it is submitted, you won't be able to modify the data, so make sure to review them before submitting!
If your project is selected: a trailer will be needed by 7 February 2020
|Project in concept||
Max. 45 sec.
|Project in development||30 sec. to 1 min.|
|Film in production||max. 1 min.|
Read more about the trailers.
|20 NOV||Deadline for project submission|
|10 DEC||Selection of the projects
A Selection Committee will examine the application files to make sure they conform to Cartoon Movie’s regulations and decide whether they are admissible. Producers will be informed of the Selection Committee’s decision shortly after that date.
|20 DEC||Participant registration deadline for Cartoon Movie & Cartoon Games Deadline for paying the participation and subscription fees|
|13 JAN||Producers whose project has been selected can't decide to withdraw their project after 13 January 2020, or they will have to pay the sum of 1000 EUR. This rule is set in order to be fair to the other producers who didn't have the opportunity to be selected.|
|27 JAN||Deadline for paying the travel and accommodation expenses|
|7 FEB||Deadline for submitting your trailer for the Croissant & Coffee Shows|
|25 FEB||Schedule of the pitching sessions CARTOON will send you the date and time of your presentation. Please note that we will not consider any special requests from producers.|
|3 MAR||Cartoon Games: Animation meets Transmedia